Thanks to his 16-save performance — including four in overtime — Maryland goaltender Dan Morris is the the Alpha Lacrosse National DI Player of the Week.
Morris led the Terps to a triple OT victory at Rutgers on Sunday night, helping coach John Tillman’s improve to 9-2 on the year and finish a three-game stretch of victories over Penn State, Albany and the Scarlet Knights in an eight-day stretch.
The other nominees were:
- Ben Reeves, A, Yale: 5G, 5A vs. Brown
- Reid Bowering, A, Drexel: 5G, 2A vs. Hofstra
- Cal Dearth, M, Boston U: 5G, 1A vs. Loyola
Each week, the Alpha Player of the Week is selected by @Inside_Lacrosse’s fans and followers on Twitter. Voting is open for 24 hours and the winner will be announced Wednesdays.
- Week 1: Dox Aitken, M, Virginia
- Week 2: Grant Ament, A, Penn State
- Week 3: Gerald Logan, G, Johns Hopkins
- Week 4: Zach Currier, M, Princeton
- Week 5: Trevor Baptiste, FO, Denver
- Week 6: Michael Sowers, A, Princeton
- Week 7: David Little, A, Navy
- Week 8: Colby Kneese, G, Penn State
- Week 9: Rutgers A Kieran Mullins; Ohio State, A, Jack Jasinski