With 41% of the vote, Ohio State face-off specialist Jake Withers is the Alpha Lacrosse Men’s DI National Player of the Week.
The Buckeyes earned a huge win, topping Maryland in Big Ten play. He was key, winning 18-of-25 face-offs. Withers edged out Gavin McBride of Princeton, the second-leading vote-getter with 33% of the vote.
Withers and the Buckeyes are at Rutgers on Saturday before hosting the Big Ten Tournament.
Each week, the Alpha Player of the Week is selected by @Inside_Lacrosse’s fans and followers on Twitter. Voting is open for 24 hours and the winner will be announced Wednesdays.
- Week 1: Dox Aitken, M, Virginia
- Week 2: Grant Ament, A, Penn State
- Week 3: Gerald Logan, G, Johns Hopkins
- Week 4: Zach Currier, M, Princeton
- Week 5: Trevor Baptiste, FO, Denver
- Week 6: Michael Sowers, A, Princeton
- Week 7: David Little, A, Navy
- Week 8: Colby Kneese, G, Penn State
- Week 9: Rutgers, A, Kieran Mullins; Ohio State, A, Jack Jasinski
- Week 10: Dan Morris, G, Maryland